Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumb666

Scale insect

greenthumb666
9 years ago

Hi,
I know there has been a lot of talk about scale, but I have scale on a big scale :) Actually I have a huge 60 year old laurel tree, that has battled the infestation for quite some years now. I tried everything, even cut all the branches away and waited for 3 years for it to make new ones. The problem is that even if I try to do something, the rest of the town does not, and the scale just keeps coming back. Well not that it went away in the first place. I was just wondering if anyone has had any good results from Neem oil on scale, because I don't want to use bad pesticides anymore, because they do more harm than good and do not work, because it is a tree and it is very very hard to spray every single spot on it. Maybe any other possible remedies. organic ones.In the end I will let nature take its course and hope some beneficial insects take over, but again. spraying the tree, kills all the good ones as well I guess...I tried to hire a professional gardner but they all said to cut the tree down. I won't give up that easiliy :)

Comments (9)