Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Time of Year to Spray for Termites?

Posted by walt1 7 a (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 13, 10 at 18:38

Hello Folks,

I've discovered temites in my basement.There is a chemical by the name Trimodor(not sure of the spelling).

Does anyone know where to get the best price.I've seen a price of $53.00 for a 20OZ.bottle which would treat the perimeter of my house.I know this stuff is exspensive, but this is suppose to be best to use. Instead of repelling termites...this chemical is undetected by them...which allows those(termites) which come into contact with it to infect the entire colony.
Also,should this be applied in spring before they swarm?
Is there a certain temperature to wait for?

Thanks In Advance
walt1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Time of Year to Spray for Termites?

Might that possibly be Termidor? This is a Restricted Use Pesticide and can only be sold to a licensed pesticide applicator. The best thing to do is find a good, competent pest control person to do the work for you. Seldom is anything you can buy and apply effective at controlling termites in your house.

o
RE: Best Time of Year to Spray for Termites?

The other thing is that termite queens fly, and colonies burrow in tubes of mud into the house. Spraying would not defeat either one. Better to find someone that knows what they are doing and has insurance incase something goes wrong. Baits that the termites take back to the nest are more effective in killing the whole thing rather than just a passing insect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here