Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zingiber deficiency or normal?

Posted by marko204 none (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 16:22

hello, this zingiber officinale plant has been showing signs of leaf tip burn (which has been there for a while on older leaves and has since stopped), which I thought was nutrient burn so I have flushed them and stopped noticing the burn. However now I'm seeing signs of what looks like Magnesium deficiency to me... or nitrogen perhaps? what do u think? Could it be just the older shoots are dying off slowly and turning color ? because new shoots appear to be healthy etc.. anyone have experience with this plant? thank you !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zingiber deficiency or normal?

you are in canada ...

where are you growing these plants..

lights???

cold window??

ambient humidity ...???

between this and the other post.. you have 'flushed' two plants.. never in my entire life have i needed to flush a plant... what exactly are you putting on them.. that could build up so bad as to require flushing..

and why not just repot at that point???

you havent provided many facts.. other than your own speculation ...

ken

ps: the other plant is a citrus .. i wonder if anyone in the fruit forum might know anything???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here