Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black bugs attacking everything(picture)

Posted by hunterweav CA ZONE 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 1:14

There are small bugs attacking all the plants in my garden and they are small and they also fly and are black but I can't identify them. I do have a picture but it is blurry so sorry for that I could not get a better picture. Thanks if you can help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black bugs attacking everything(picture)

What problem do you see these "bugs" making?
Are you sure they are not helping control another insect that is causing problems?
Of the some 8,000,000 so far identified insect species about 8,000 are pests and the rest are either beneficial or just innocuous.

o

Too fuzzy to see detail. Please post a picture that's in focus.

o

All i can say is use this organic recipe on the plants once a week for the first month then twice every month and they will leave your plants alone no matter what the bug. bees and butterfly's are unaffected by it because they don't eat the plant its self.
1tps-2tps organic garlic cloves or paste in water
1tps organic black strap molasses
1tps-2tps organic water soluble fertilizer in liquid form is best.
mixed for 1 gallon of water
spray on leaves give them a good misting late in the day or early in the morning before you water.

If you found this info helpful please check out my youtube channel i will be posting helpful videos on things just like this in the future =) have a nice day and happy growing!

Here is a link that might be useful: TheItalian Garden

This post was edited by Jonathan29 on Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 23:43

o

Even so called "organic" remedies may be much too broad spectrum poisons for real organic growers use. Unless the insect is really causing problems there is no good reason to spray anything on any plant to repel, or kill, any insect.

o

sorta looks like a leafhopper .. but that is a WAG ... just the way they are higher in what i think is the front..

many of which.. are harmless...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

You could get a better picture if you were a bit farther away from the leaf (Notice that the background soil (?) is almost in focus.

Please try again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here