Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small brown eggs on grass

Posted by RRR8400 Maryland (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 12:39

Anybody know what kind of eggs these are? Should I get rid of them and if so, how?

Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small brown eggs on grass

Perhaps a slime mold rather than eggs. If so, an interesting natural event but not a problem.

o

keep taking pix.. and let us know how it evolves ...

ken

o
come on.. your killing me.. what happened to them ...

come on.. your killing me.. what happened to them ...

ken

o

Are you close to a body of water? Some type of amphibian? None of the things I could think of to google matched what you have there, curious with you!

Slime mold is not a bad suggestion, but I haven't seen any that looks like a giant pile of eggs in grass. Those are usually found in mulch and look like foam insulation or like someone puked in the garden. If it comes in this style too, that just adds to the cool mystique I guess.

It looks like caviar, maybe the butler did it. Have you been nice to him lately? Might wanna check your pantry...

o

Actually, purple, there is a fairly common slime mold of turf grasses that sort of look like this. I've seen it many times but it's never presented itself quite this way. But it is the first thing I thought of. You'll be interested in knowing that there are thousands of different kinds of slime molds....each unique from the other.

I wish that rrr would come back to us so that we can ask more questions and see more pictures.

o

See - cool mystique! Thanks! I share your wish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here