Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pachysandra

Posted by lily603 7b (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 13:06

i had this problemm last year - spotted and yellowing on my pach. cleaned out, dusted with diatam.earth, and used neem. toward the end of summer noticed an improvement. here is it march 1st, not a bad winter at all, and pach. is showing the same signs. i have tried out extension service to no avail. last yr no help, no answer this yr. i need to find out a place to have my plant tested and figure out what i'm fighting against. i live in 19380 area (just west of philly). any help welcome

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pachysandra

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 13:14

lily, one of the most common issues with pachysandra in your area is volutella blight - begins as tiny tan or brown spots that eventually merge together and kill an entire leaf.

Does your problem look anything like this?

Here is a link that might be useful: Volutella blight

o

how about just posting a picture ...

never heard of surface application of diatam. earth in teh heat of summer ....

nor late summer oiling ...

i would start with asking what kind of tree ...

how long have they been there ....

how do you water them ...

do you fert ...

are they near a lawn that is sprayed ...

etc ....

post a pic if you want to get anywhere with this. i doubt we can do much for you w/o such .. check out the link ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

to morz 8 saw that picture today. sure looks like my problem-a biiig one.
diam.earth:Diatomaceous Earth kills aphids, white flies, beetles, loopers, mites, snails, slugs, leaf hoppers, and harmful pests.
neem oil i used to manage fungus, neem is very effective at smothering insect eggs and soft-bodied pests such as aphids, mites and white flies.
what tree???

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 20:34

Lily, a thorough clean up of any leaves or debris, thinning the plants if necessary to increase air circulation, avoiding watering in later afternoon or evening so plants aren't spending a night wet...may help if its really volutella.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here