Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Disease/Pest

Posted by Platystele 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 13:08

Does anyone know what may be causing this damage to the leaves? The plant is Xanthosoma atrovirens. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Disease/Pest

The brown tissue has been dead for quite some time.

If that's the only damage on the plant, it's not important.

Please share a few facts--

Start w/ indoors or outdoors? Container or the ground?

Any chance of posting an image of the entire plant?

o

The plant is in a container on my terrace in Costa Rica. The terrace is covered so the plant does not receive too much water. I've treated the plant with chlorothalonil, but the leaves continue to die along the edges.

o

Could be bacterial infection OR fertilizer burn.

o

no plant holds its leaves forever.. are these the oldest leaves???? if so.. maybe its time for a little pruning.. to force the energy to the new growth.. rather than waiting it on the old stuff..

a pic of the whole might help

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here