Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato leaf - another problem please?

Posted by goony none (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 0:06

Hello,

I have been growing for a couple of years with varied success but i need some help to identify some problems, so i have taken a pic of some leaves.

I hope someone here can help - the US site has so much more info than the Aussie sites!

This is a tomato leaf. I think it is a late blight, and it starts at the base and travels up the stem. Fruit do not seem to be affected yet.

Any tips appreciated.

Image link: Tomato leaf - another problem please? (57 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato leaf - another problem please?

Take a peek at this article. Your leaves look like a disease here called Early Blight. I have no idea if it is endimic to Australia. Sorry I couldn't isolate just that part of the article.
hortster

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato diseases

o
RE: Tomato leaf - another problem please?

• Posted by goony sydney Aus (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 7:14

hmm, i thought it mite be that. I am spraying with copper sulphide spray, but i think it's too late now, once the leaves show? I have had this for a few seasons, and i try n keep plants healthy for as long as i can - using coffee grounds from my local cafe seems to give the plants a lift too. now it's autumn (fall) here, and i have plants still setting fruit, so i hope to try n keep the fruit set ahead of the disease. any tips to minimise it's affects would be great too.

thanks for your help mate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here