Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with my lemon tree

Posted by pktechdad san diego (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 1:53

Hello just register and new to gardening. My wife and I recently bought a eurika dwarf lemon tree and it looked all healthy. After moving it to a bigger pot some leaves started turning yellow fro the centers. We thought maybe we were over watering it. So we stopped and let it dry. Its been hovering about 100 degrees here lately. It seems to be getting worse not better can anyone help us with this. Can't upload images from my ffone but will send pics if you can help would really appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with my lemon tree

All anyone can do without seeing the plant in person is make suggestions.

I can tell you that a very common reason for the failure of container grown plants is problems with the choice of a potting medium. Second on the list would be improper watering.

You should be aware of how moist or dry the soil volume is by digging a bit with your fingers. If dryish to the touch, you should water (drench) thoroughly.

o

do not send me your pix... figure out how to post them ...

did you protected the transplant from direct sun for a few day.. a week.. a month ????

or blast it out into full sun???

it is not uncommon.. when planting or repotting.. a fully leafed out tree.. to lose some leaves .. its called transplant shock ...

how many you lost is the issue ... and what the buds or growth tips look like ...

in a sense.. the tree sacrifices older leaves... to maintain the growth points ...

and w/o that pic.. i cant give you any more ...

ken

o

here are some pics of what im having trouble with. it is not on all leaves. on both new growth and larger leaves. most r still looking good i just dont know if i should worry

o

Environmental stress.

At 100F, rig temporary shade or move it into the shade.

o

Just a thought...what are you watering it with, unfiltered city water? If your refrigerator has a water dispenser use that at room temp. San Diego city water is awful for plants. ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here