Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
magnifier

Posted by kemistry 8 - Oregon (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 27, 10 at 5:59

I'm thinking of buying a magnifier to help with pest inspection, particularly spider mites. Would a 10x be enough, or would I need something more powerful? Thanks! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: magnifier

A 10X would be perfectly adequate for this purpose. You can certainly find something more powerful, but it would be overkill for what you need. Considering that spider mites can actually be seen with the naked eye, you'll be very interested in what they look like at 10X!

o

Great! A 10x is within my budget so I'm glad to hear that. Thanks rhizo : )

o

I use a 16X, about 3/4" viewing area. Have found it to be a bit more usefull than a 10X and not as much of a pain to use as a 20X(those have a much smaller viewing area and are more sensative when trying to focus on something). Run you about $12.95 from BioQuip (a bug geek supply site)

o

When I first looked through my 10X B&L lighted coddington at a spidermite it startled me. 10X is plenty.

o

thanks for taking the time to reply everyone. I'll go for the 10x then. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here