Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bibbus

white bugs

bibbus 7b
9 years ago

I bought basil, bell pepper, marigold, and petunia plants at the local high school ag program Saturday. I didn't notice until yesterday but the peppers are covered in tiny white pests. They are likely aphids but don't look like the variety I've experienced before. These are tiny thin wisps so small my camera can't photograph them. They are smaller and thinner than the usual aphids I've seen and also aren't the same shape - they aren't rounded.

But my question is should I just throw them away? I had them outside with some other plants I purchased from another source for a couple of days before I brought them inside because of the frost. It doesn't seem like they spread but I'm not sure. The pests are more prevalent on the pepper but they are on all the plants I bought at the school greenhouse. I have never been successful at killing such bugs in the past. I rinsed them under the sink sprayer (I'm an organic gardener) but they are back this morning - much less numbers but still there. I sprayed all over the plants. Suggestions?

Comments (2)