Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something is taking the branches off my lemon and lime trees?

Posted by GinnR none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 12 at 10:04

I have a lemon and lime tree I planted last summer that were doing great. They are (were) about 3 feet high and had lots of fruit starting. Sunday morning all but one of the branches on the lemon tree were gone. It looks like they were cut, all at an angle and very neatly, but, that is not possible. Over the last two nights, I am now missing all branches from the lemon tree and most from the lime, again, all look like they are cut. It's happening in the middle of the night. I have an 8 foot fence, so don't believe it can be deer. Could it be a raccoon? If so, any idea how to get rid of it? I'm afraid it'll go after other plants in my yard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something is taking the branches off my lemon and lime trees?

where are you????

8 foot fence wont stop the deer up here in MI ... but you would see hoof prints ...

rabbits make cuts like that.. but unless your name is Alice.. and you live near wonderland.. i doubt 3 foot rabbits ...

squirrels.. in nesting season could do such cuts.. but unless you are down under.. its not nesting season ...

ergo.. ipso.. presto.. i would suggest koala or panda ...

ken

ps: more info.. and even better .. some pix...

pps: and can we rule out drunken insane neighbors????

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here