Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bug ID .. and recommended recourse

Posted by ken_adrian z5 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 11:27

after spraying roundup for an hour..

i was sitting on the porch .. minding my own business ... when i felt a bug going up the inside of my jeans ...

twice i brushed my jeans.. hoping to squish it in situ ...

on the third try .. i just got pissed ... and dropped my pants [there are advantages to 5 acres] .. saw a brown bug.. I screamed like a 6 year old girl .. and squished it.. while peeing myself ...

any idea what the bug was??? do you recommend chemical annihilation of the 5 acres????

ken

ps: thank God i did not have the camera with me.. it was not a pretty sight ....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bug ID .. and recommended recourse

I'm 'pretty sure' that you're joking...thinking that you are going to get an ID from that description. But then, I tell myself that it's too early for Ken to have gotten into the beer quite yet, lol.

Let's see what you can come up with in the form of a description, my friend. Beetle type? Tick type? Caterpillar type? Other? Size?

I screamed like a girl when I discovered myself in the shower with a spider the other day. Oh wait....I AM a girl.

o

apparently the 4th grade boys.. think its all the rage to scream like younger girls ... whats that all about ...

its a comedy routine rhiz ... all these questions with little or no facts.. no pic.. and need to destroy mother earth with chemicals ... for fear of a creepy crawler ...

but of course.. it will be lost on them.. since they only pop in.. never use the search.. and really dont read any of the other posts..

i was hoping to hear you say you sprayed your monitor with coffee as you pictured the scenario ... [probably tea.. i would bet]

ken

o

pics...we need pics...video would be better...

accompanied the number of a good shrink...

...or is that a bad choice of words given the circumstances?

o

Oh, I did get a big chuckle out of it! So you were really kidding about the brown bug?

o

I assumed it was a spoof and giggled, too! Thanks!

o

well.. no .. something was on my leg.. but i was in the basement with the computer.. and i did have to find it .. lol ..

but i did not scream like a girl .. its was a much more manly grunt .. lol ...

but i gotta tell you .. all night long .. i swear things were crawling all over me ..

irritated me so much.. i got up this morn.. and gooped the cat for fleas ...

my terror was that it was a tick ... but as i said.. i squished it.. before i though clearly enough that i should have snapped a pic ...

most likely.. just some beetle as you suggest ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here