Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joe1q2w3e

Yellowish leaves

Joe1q2w3e
10 years ago

Hi folks!

I assume this should be a tabasco pepper plant (got it from one of my relatives last autumn, it has been overwintered), and the fresh leaf growth are turning yellow recently. Although i started to move the plant outdoors for the daytime several weeks ago, i wouldn't think it's caused by direct sunlight.
Could it possibly be calcium deficiency? (I fertilized it like two weeks ago applying ordinary fertilizer)

In addition, i also caught sight of lots of really tiny white dots on some of the leaves causing them turning brown, and the affected leaves come off easily. What could it be?

I hope i can post another picture as well demonstrating the former. (I'm new to this forum)

Thank you for advance!

Comments (4)

• Joe1q2w3e
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay, i attach hereby the white-spot symptom of my other pepper plant, which can give a better demonstration for this disease.

• jean001a
    10 years ago

Doubt it's a disease.
    Have you checked the undersides of the leaves for spider mites?

• Kimmsr
    10 years ago

The plant is growing in a pot and appears to have chlorosis, lack of ability to manufacture chlorophyll.

Here is a link that might be useful: chlorosis

• geosankie
    10 years ago

Over Fertilization is also a possible cause. Salt buildup from long term container fertilization causes water and nutrient uptake problems. The containers may need a good flushing to get rid of the buildup.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting