Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barnanimals

What are these things in my lawn? Pictures inlcuded

BarnAnimals
12 years ago

I think I found the cause of my lawn issue today. I need help. See previous thread about why my half of my lawn still appears dormant and/or dead. I have attached two pictures. I found what looks like something hatched. It's a cotton ball material in several stages. It is everywhere I checked, but you really have to spread all of the (now dead) grass apart and get down to the soil. My lawn was very thick so it takes some work to get to the soil.

I found some examples that were just cotton ball material with a round hold in the center going down in to the earth. Like something had hatched and burrowed into the ground. I also found some that looked like very tiny pieces of white rice.

Maybe not related, but I also found some bigger dark brown things that looked like a tiny turd, same shape and size of a piece or rice. It could have been milorganite that had expanded or something.

I also found what looked like 20 or so tiny slugs. They were extremely small. They bunched up together covering an area no bigger than a pencil eraser. Each one was only about 1/4 millimeter wide and 2 millimeters long. Much smaller than any grub or web worm picture that I have seen online. They were off white, yellowish. I say they looked like slugs because I though I saw tiny antennas. I looked away for one moment to grab my camera and I could not find them again. I'm pretty sure they were slugs.

What is it?

{{gwi:87261}}

{{gwi:87263}}

Comments (3)