Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do insect killers like Ortho and Bayer kill eggs?

Posted by johngood5 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 18:17

Do insect killers like Ortho and Bayer kill the laid eggs of the insects?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do insect killers like Ortho and Bayer kill eggs?

hey john ..

i suspect you are going to have to be a bit more specific ..

if you use the bayer SYSTEMIC.. and it treats the tree for a year..

then once the suckers come out.. and start sucking.. they should be covered ...

care to specify which product???

ken

o

Turf Insect killers such as Spectracide Triazicide, Ortho BugBgone Max, and Bayer Complete Insect Killer

o

Unless it is satated on the label that the product will kill the eggs it will not. The products listed above are broad spectrum, long lasting poisons that also kill off beneficial insects and create major problems in the environment. Anyone concerned about the world we are leaving our grandchildren will not use them.

o

all labels also have a phone number on them.. and i have been known to call them directly.. and ask such questions ...

a better question/post would be what are you fighting.. and how to go about killing that plague.. rather than all out nuclear war on a prophylactic manner ... on all things living in your yard ...

surely you arent considering all of them at once??

though one day i did such.. i now dont act proactively.. but actually ID a problem.. and selectively go after it.. if ever ... there just arent that many things that require proactively .. IMHO ...

ken

o

One of the best products for killing the eggs of many types of insects and mites is horticultural oil.

What types of insects are you most concerned about?

o

That's a good word for Ortho products; "killer" Just kill everything that gets in the way. Really intelligent...

o

• Posted by zenman Ottawa KS 5b (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 27, 12 at 14:37

Products that kill insect eggs usually list the word "ovicide" on their label.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here