Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden in disrepair!

Posted by link8879 La (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 19:23

Ive just started my garden a few weeks ago and everything is dying.
My carrot sprouts are actually ok, but they haven't changed in size in about a week (they are 1-2in)
I have three bean sprouts and two are doing fine but one had its leaves eaten.
My tomatoe plant is yellowing and has been getting eaten at night by dozens of Rollie pollies.
My bell pepper plant has been the same exact size for almost two weeks and hasn't changed at all (I may just be impatient though)
And my basil leaves are yellow and brown and being munched on.
And the worst may be my strawberry plants. Half the leaves are solid brown. And I have no idea why. One had a berry but Rollie pollies ate that too... Any help or advice would be much much appreciated.
I have pictures but I cannot figure out how to upload them from my iPad. I will try and post them later. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden in disrepair!

check the link.. good luck

describe your soil.. your soil prep.. and your water management ...

bugs are somehow attracted to stressed plants ... and we need to figure out if the browning is bug related.. or pre-existing ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: how to post pix

o

The Tomato Leaf where Rollie Pollies have been munching.

Photobucket

Tomato again

Photobucket

Strawberry Plant :(

Photobucket

Bean Sprout

Photobucket

o

Sorry to double post, but I forgot to mention soil.
My soil is just miracle grow vegetable soil. I water a good bit (there were also a few storms, so that could explain the yellowing) and I noticed the Pill Bugs after I covered my carrot sprouts with plywood during a hail storm.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here