Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sugi_c

Stuff identification

I had a little pot where I had rooted a Kalanchoe stem that had snapped off back in early Feb. And about 3 weeks ago, I had stuck a branch of a succulent into the same soil. I think I've watered it once since then.

Today, as I was about to pick it up from the window area, I noticed the fuzzy dust thingies on the succulent branch.

I'm maintaining calm so that Ken doesn't call me dramatic again, haha, but EWWWW.

In all of my years I've always battled aphids on a variety of succs, roses and most recently, oregano, but never this particular fuzz substance.

So, is this what's called mealy bug? In Google images, it is what looked most similar, so I'm assuming that's what it was.

I've since tossed the little pot out in its entirety but that pot was around a group of other succulents. I might be seeing things but I thought I saw a speck of fuzz on another so I have since sprayed that and one more succulent pot with a rubbing alcohol mix. Drenched it, more accurately.

Anything else I can do to control and prevent future issues? Or if it's not MB....I'm afraid to ask: what is it?

Gross.

Grace