Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cenesia_gw

What are these problems on my tomato plant?

cenesia
11 years ago

Hello All,

I have a Mr. Stripey variety that I planted in Feb 2012 his year. It has many blossoms but none have shown signs of fruiting (on the other hand, my champion tomato has started showing signs of fruiting and they were planted the same time/treated the same way). I'm wondering if this has something to do with any disease my Mr. Stripey tomato plant might have. I noticed the lower end of the plant has some brown spots and some have curled. Pictures below. Can anyone help identify what type of disease these are and what type of fungicidal (if it's indeed fungus) can be used to cure them?

Some more information:

- I planted the tomato in zone 10, Southern California.

- 7 gallon container

- Ocean Frost soil

- Put on our rooftop deck with access to sun about 6+ hrs/day

- Fertilized w/ Dr. Earth tomato, veg, herb fert. when initially planted them in Feb '12

- I water every other day, or when the soil looks dry, I water thoroughly as I read that's the best way to water these tomato plants. I water in the morning before going to work, and I also adjust for rain (which hasn't happened that often, but it has rained pretty hard for a day or so, within the past couple weeks).

Can anyone help identifying what the problem may be based on the pictures or any other info I listed on this post? Thanks very much for all your help...

Cenesia

{{gwi:1152896}}

{{gwi:1152898}}

{{gwi:1152900}}

{{gwi:1152901}}

{{gwi:1152902}}

Comment (1)