Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michellers_gw

Dying grass and trees

Michellers
12 years ago

Hi, I'm desperate here. Last fall my grass and lilac bushes started mysteriously dying. One lilac bush completely died and did not come back this spring. This spring all the grass around several of the lilac bushes and around a sumac tree (not bush) is dead. The sumac tree which has been very healthy and growing very well for several years is suddenly dead. It appears it leafed out and then died this spring. Several of the lilac bushes in the area leafed out but are now wilting and appear to be fading fast. I don't believe lack of water is the culprit. Does anyone have any idea what would cause all this kill? I am convinced the neighbor poisoned the area to get back at me for calling the cops on his barking dogs. My husband thinks I'm over reacting. I hope so! I hope it is something silly like grubs or an odd disease.

I decided to come here for help before I continue down the road of blaming the neighbor! Should I collect a soil sample? Where would I send it and what would I have it tested for?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Comments (3)