Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Worm creature on my vegetable. What is it?

Posted by mooserider Seattle, WA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 23:53

I have some radishes that came back up from last year, and I found this weird worm looking centipede thing on it today. It has no real legs, just 'nubs'. It's pretty gross... don't know what it is. Can someone identify this thing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Worm creature on my vegetable. What is it?

Second picture of it. Looks almost identical upside down.

o

That's pretty dumb... after posting the second pic, the one on my first post disappeared!

o

I'd like to see the other picture. But this looks to be the larvae of one of the Tortoise Beetles. Tortoise beetles love plants in the Brassicaceae family.....such as your radishes.

o

I reposted the first image. Thanks for the reply!

o

Wait until you see what the adults look like! It's one of the most appealing looking beetles but are considered a minor pest of cruciferous vegetables.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here