Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sevin on leaves, uneven distribution, is that OK?

Posted by jardinerowa 10 (My Page) on
Sat, May 7, 11 at 1:38

Hello,

I am asking not to be flamed for using Sevin. For months I have tried to control earwigs other bugs using various "organic" means and had to resort to sevin. I am following directions.
The only thing is now I have plants that look like they've had, well white flour sprinkled all over them. If you know the container that Sevin dust comes in, when you apply it to the leaves come out, instead of a thin equal layer of dust applied to the whole leaf surfaces, you get powder splotches on the leaves, some thicker than others with the dust. My question is, does this hurt the plant? Does the dust just stay on their until sufficient rain/water has washed it away? Does water (if it doesn't remove it) decrease its effectiveness? Thank you.

Z

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sevin on leaves, uneven distribution, is that OK?

Anything on a plants leaves that restricts the leaves access to the sunlight it needs for photosynthesis also restricts that leaves ability to manufacture the nutrients leaves manufacture that feed the plant, so whether it is Powdery Mildew or some other dusty substance that does the restricting that is not good.
Water will, eventually, move that poison into the ground water, the water you drink.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here