Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organicislandfarmer

ladys and poisons

I have noticed a variety of ladybug colors; from the standard red w black spots to black with red spots to light pink with no discernable spots. Is this due to diet or are these imposters I should dispatch?

What sort of pest control stuff should I use to remain organic. My concern is now preventing caterpillars from eating the veggies that are developing. What sort of non organic should I use when I am ready to "drop the hammer?" as a last resort to preserving the harvest?

The lady bugs are doing great with the aphids and white flys but they dont seem to bother the little green flys or the silky tiny caterpillars either. My plants are tollerating the leaf damage and I am squishing record numbers daily, thankfully I dont have acreage or I would never get it done!!! Any help would be appreciated at least initially!

Is miracle grow considered organic or should I stick with the stuff labled organic? What about cow manure? I thought organic made me sound fancy but I worry I would accidentally mislead someone due to my own ignorance! Its not likely you'd find me, but some people do stop by to chat! The corn growing in my front yard is an attention getter!

Comment (1)