Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holatomm

Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer

holatomm
10 years ago

I had an unfortunate mishap! My meyer lemon tree, bell peppers, and tomatos were under attack from various pests; behind my backyard is a service road, and on the other side of that road they've just recently began developing a new community. It was previously a farm that grew tomatoes mainly, but they dug it all up. Therefore all sorts of creatures have been displaced (AKA moved into mine & my neighbors yards!) I've had to deal with snakes, rats, mice, lizards, frogs, toads, etc.

The main issue is the insect population! It's swollen to ridiculous numbers. Anyway I told my partner I needed him to pickup pesticide (I usually make own, but the numbers are just too high for that). He said "oh, I have some in the garage. Use that"

So, I did. No label or anything, it must've gotten wet and torn off. As I'm going outside to use it, he gets home. I asked him what brand/type it was. He said he'd have to go and find the receipt.

I started to spray... then he comes out and tells me it's Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer for Lawns & Shrubs. I knew in the back of my mind that this probably wasn't good for fruits/vegetables, so I stopped spraying and hosed down the plants for about 10-15 minutes and soaked the soil for a bit longer. I then went online and looked at the label and sure enough it states "Not for use on fruits or vegetables"

Here's my question: Would my drenching of the plants and surroundings be enough to where I can still utilize the lemons (once ripe), and bell peppers? Or do I need to tear out the bell peppers and get a new lemon tree?

Help needed! Please!

Comments (4)