Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tonyandritam

crepe myrtle

Tonyandritam
10 years ago

>We have a crepe myrtle that is being eaten buy small green or black caterpillars. It is a crepe myrtle that was bought in Virginia in 1968. I was stationed at Little Creek Amphibious Base in Virginia. My parents came down from Arlington Massachusetts for a dependent's cruise. My mother fell in love with the plants and bought one to take home. The salesperson at the garden center said it probably would not make it through the New England winters. 45 years later the plant is still going strong until this year. After my parents passed away I had the plant transplanted to our home in Burlington Massachusetts. It has done well for 3 years now but for the first time it is being attacked by these worms / caterpillars. We don't want to lose the plant, what should we do? We have picked the insects off the leaves and have sprayed the entire plant with a mild organic soap and water solution. The mixture was 2 tablespoons of soap to one gallon of water. It seems to help but what is the proper care for the plant?
>
mc1408313012030ec rosa

Comments (2)