Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what is this? will it harm my plants?

Posted by byrdangel texas (My Page) on
Thu, May 27, 10 at 11:09

What kind of mushroom is this?? Why am i getting these in my pots? are they harmful to my plants??

Image link: what is this? will it harm my plants? (14 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what is this? will it harm my plants?

It is one of the parasols, a decomposer. They are in your pots because they are decomposing OM in the soil. Most fungi only care about dead/dying things.

Dan

o

That image looks like it was taken of the mushrooms in a lawn. This would be pretty common and nothing to worry about (in your lawn or in a container). If that image is of your lawn, you need to sharpen the blades on your mower. Not that you asked or anything, but shredded grass blades are very bad for the turf plant. Blades need to be cut cleanly.

o

Good catch on the grass blades, rhizo. Don't tell my BH I missed it, she'll give me a hard time again for not paying attention in turf class. ;o)

Dan

o

i founf the picture online, didnt have access to a camera....but they look excactly like what i have been finding in my containers....

o

Dan, ha! Trust me, my 'catch' on the grass was because I used to teach turf grass classes, lol. Let me get my ruler out and smack you.

o

Disciplining me may be fun, but it still won't make me pay attention to turf lectures. ;o) Altho we still laugh when I imitate our professor's accent when he said 'ligule' .

Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here