Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Berries on Holly Bush are black, leaves are spotted (Pic)?

Posted by lucienalta 14624 (My Page) on
Wed, May 7, 14 at 11:53

I planted two bushes approximately three years ago and they have been through two previous winters with no problems with frost. We had a particularly hard winter this year and the berries are black and shriveled. The leaves are spotted? Have I lost my bushes? I have another picture but can't get it to post here. I will add a reply to my own message showing the second picture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Berries on Holly Bush are black, leaves are spotted (Pic)?

post a second pic.. by replying to your own post ...

where are you .. that frost was all you had this winter ... is that your zip code???

all the stuff down low.. looks fine ... there is no reason you will lose the plant ...

give it some time to recover.. and then you prune out the ugly stuff ...

berries dont hang on forever.. so i wouldnt even include that in the problem ...

lets see if the second pic changes any of this ...

ken

o

Here is a close up of the berries and the spotted leaves. will post one more picture.

o

I live in Rochester, NY. Here is picture #3. Thanks for looking.

o

Looks like cold damage, to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here