Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plum and cherry tree diseases

Posted by fruity123 7b (My Page) on
Sat, May 24, 14 at 12:38

A lot of the fruiting spurs on my cherry has this problem. The spurs just suddenly dies with the leaves and cherries.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plum and cherry tree diseases

Another picture

o

My plum tree also has problems. The leaves have whote spots that fall of leaving holes in the leaves.

o

This is some sort of growth on yhe plum tree branch. Should I be concerned?

o

Black knot disease on your cherry...... fungus spores is carried on the wind from one tree to the next... very hard to control
Prune off branches with the fungus.....but you will find that it will appear later somewhere else on you tree.....

o

there is a rather active fruit forum ... the fruit nuts.. play by their own set of rules ...

ken

o

My cherry has black knot? The first two pictures are cherries and the last two are plums pictures. Are you sure it was the plum tree-last photo- not the cherry that has the black knot disease?

o

You have brown rot on the cherry and the beginnings of black knot on the plum. Also looks like some shothole fungus on the plum leaves.

About the only thing you can do at this point in time is to prune out the areas of the tree affected by the black knot. The other problems are fungal in nature and likely developed due to overly wet spring weather and mild temperatures. These are problems we see virtually every spring here in the PNW :-)) You can spray to help control but too late now to be very effective. I would recommend removing all the dead/.browned spurs on the cherries as the brown rot can travel into the fruit as well as the leaves and twigs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here