Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coyote Urine and Woodchucks

Posted by joyce58 Zone 5 NY (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 11 at 12:56

Yupp, its a real woodchuck problem! We have 4 babies and a Mom.....Fencing and a big dog are not possible and I have tried cayenne pepper, and Repels All....Trapping them is also not a possibility at this time....Have been considering Coyote Urine...Has anyone had experience either way with this deterrent? They love my perennials too much !~
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coyote Urine and Woodchucks

I have not found coyote, fox, or any other of those urine "deterents" work. Those critters are around here all the time and that has no affect on the prey except they might be a bit more careful.

o

Most of the "urine" products are fake. How many coyote or bobcat farmers do you know who keep huge herds of them in pens where they collect their urine to ship it off to these companies?

o

Pine....you are wrong that the products are fake. It's nice to think that, but not true.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here