Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaintn

A Black Thumb with Brown Spots on Zinnias

lisaintn
9 years ago

Hello,

Last year I started a new garden and planted zinnia seeds. The zinnias grew, but started to get ugly brown spots all over the leaves. I saved the seeds from the zinnias and planted them again this year. The small seedlings are already getting these brown spots on the tiny leaves. I've read about not getting the foliage wet when watering, but how do you water hundreds of seedlings, without getting the leaves wet?

Is there anything like a fungicide or something I can put on these seedlings to save them? (I readily admit I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to gardening. The green thumb gene that they rest of my family possesses, skipped me!) I put so much work into this garden and I would appreciate any help. I don't know what to do. Thank you!

Blessings,
Lisa

P.S. Since posting this earlier, I went out to check on the garden. It also has garden phlox and coneflowers planted in it. I noticed both the phlox and coneflowers are also getting brown spots all over the leaves. So apparently, something is affecting all the flowers in this garden?

This post was edited by lisaintn on Fri, May 30, 14 at 15:25

Comments (9)