Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skosk

Fungus on plant stem?

skosk
11 years ago

I was given an Ivy plant as gift (Hedera Helix Congesta). I don't have experience with plants but I've been watering it and it seems to be growing fine. However, I recently noticed two sorts of growths on the stem of the plant that concern me. One is a cluster of white projections that is situated near the top of the plant that I thought was a flower at first, but I don't think this plant flowers. I attached an image that has something resembling what I am seeing, although the growths in the photo are brownish (vs. white which I am seeing). I peeled them off by hand they did not appear to be growing 'out of' the stem but rather 'on' it.

The second growths are spread more over the stem and are brownish patches. What I have boxed in the second photo is almost exactly what I see on my plant.

Can anyone let me know if these are normal parts of the plant as it grows or if there is some sort of fungus or something that has infested the plant.

Thanks!

Comment (1)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

since you duplicated the post.. i will not knock down the one with the picture..

but i can not focus on the picture at all ... its in focus.. i just cant see what the arrow points at ...

any chance at a bigger pic??

ken

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner