Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help: yellow/whitish shades on senetti pericallis leaves

Posted by Bee_bee 9b, CA (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 14 at 16:47

Hi,

My potted "reblooming senetti pericallis" is showing some yellow/whitish shades on its leaves, and overall is looking quite haggard. Got it about 2-3 months ago, was doing fine until I put it outside under full sun (facing south-west). it started showing minor yellow shades during the rainy season..but not much. but became more prominent recently and has been looking dry recently. wondering if it was because of the rain during spring or the intense heat in the recent month (no more rains, but strong heat)? or maybe it's because I've been watering it less often (once in 2-3 days instead of every day)
i put it in a shadier spot this week, but hasn't shown much improvement, though there are still flowers blooming.
Would appreciate any advice on what to do to improve the condition of the plants, and ideal location to put it.

thank you very very much

This post was edited by Bee_bee on Sun, May 4, 14 at 16:56

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help: yellow/whitish shades on senetti pericallis leaves

An indoor plant that's put outdoors into full sun will scorch/burn. The damaged tissue won't recover.

If you want it outdoors, you will need to gradually expose it to outdoor conditions - i.e.: harden it off.

This post was edited by jean001a on Mon, May 5, 14 at 1:14

o
RE: Help: yellow/whitish shades on senetti pericallis leaves

thank you for your advice. I will put it in a shady location then outdoors. For the damaged leaves, should I just cut them out? will new leaves grow? thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here