Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parczel

birds stealing my leaves.

parczel
12 years ago

I can't confirm this with 100% certainty, but I think birds are stealing my lettuce and spinach. Little brown birds. Last year around this same time of year, huge chunks of my leafy greens would be missing, and the leaves would have jagged edges. At first I thought this must be a caterpillar or something... but I never found any evidence of them. However, I HAVE actually seen these little brown birds take pieces of my plants away. I've never actually seen them do it on the lettuce or spinach, but last year I saw them do this on my broccoli plant, and rip a piece off of the leaf and fly away with it. The edge on that leaf looked like the kind of marks that were left on my leafy greens. Whatever it was has never taken/eaten pieces of my tomato, pepper, or hops plants. and the damage it leaves doesn't look like photos that i've seen of different insect damage. But I don't know what to do about it... I have a dog that spends a lot of time in the yard but doesn't really bother the birds when they come around. And there are also stray cats coming around all the time. but they still seem to want my spinach and lettuce. and bean plant leaves.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County