Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tenmaru_gw

Please help a newbie diagnose basil and peppers...

Tenmaru
10 years ago

Hello,

I'm doing some container gardening. I bought a few from one of the places around here that grow organic stuff; they are reputable for good plants.

I am concerned though with my basil plants (a Genovese style and a generic Italian style) and my peppers (a chocolate beauty and Mexibelle Hybrid).

First is the basil. I can't find any bugs, but if you notice on the stem there are some brown markings. They are indentions, almost as though a smurf started to take an axe to it. A few days ago the upper part of the plant was full of it and actually very loose; it tipped over when I touched it (you can see the top of the main stem there--pic attached here).

Also, the Chocolate Beauty. I don't know what is going on with the leaves but this was a sudden change. I found aphids on one leave, but not the ones that are effected here (attached separately). The Mexibelle (I won't attach for space unless necessary) does not look nearly as bad as the Chocolate Beauty, but it is starting to get the same sort of black marks.

I can't seem to figure out how to match things like blight or pests with what mine are. Any help?? Thank you!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz