Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joyalaura

Holes in everything and strange discoloration

joyalaura
11 years ago

I have 18 picante pepper seedlings and all look good except for two of them have strange discoloration on the leaves (first pic). Other than the colors and slight leaf disfiguration, they seem fine. I was scared it might be a virus, so I pulled those two and threw them away today. However, I'm afraid it might spread if it is a virus and don't know if I'm too late getting them out of the garden. I'm a newbie (2nd year) at this.

Also, I was having a few bug marks here and there so I put out some Neem oil and the next day it was like the bugs claimed war on me! I have these holes everywhere! (See the Photobucket "bugs" link) I don't know what kind of critter I'm battling but the diatomaceous earth seems to be preventing anymore damage.

Does anyone recognize exactly what kind of disease and bugs I'm dealing with? It would help me fight them if I knew exactly what they are. I haven't been able to catch the bugs in the act, but I'm pretty much blind as a bat, so that's not saying much. I put out nematodes a couple weeks ago and neem oil 4 days ago, now the diatomaceous earth frequently (keeping it fresh). It's WAR I tell you!! Die beeatches!! LOL Any knowlegable responses are greatly appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bugs and Diseases?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Fairfax County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living