Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenraider72

How /when to use Havaheart rabbit repellant

jenraider72
11 years ago

Hello, I've noticed my Hostas with many bites in the leaves, then my lilies were having their leaves bit off and the tops taken (eaten) off as well- these were before any buds formed on them as they were emerging fron 2 inches to 4 + in in height. I also have holes and -slime trail residue? - on my Hollyhocks. Yikes- I know. So, since there's a rabbit my kids have befriended since little that is in our yard all day, and i've seen as many as 3 on our lawn, I figured the bites were from the bunnies.

I bought Havaheart off Amazon, and now that I can read the bottle ,it says : "Do not apply during bud break or or flower bloom as petal drop or foliar damage may occur. it says to apply to point of run-off, so I assume it has to go on the plants- not just around them. I'm afraid to apply it now.

Can someone tell me by looking at some of my pictures if I am ok to use this or is it too late? Also, I wonder if the lilies that were "beheaded" will actually grow anymore, or are they now done for the season and no flowers will come from them? I'm actually scared to put the Havaheart now, even if I am in the right time period, after reading those warnings. I worry I'll end up killing the undamaged plants as well. Is it worth it, or do you think the bunnies are done biting anyway, as I've not seen new damage in quite a few days -(except for the holes/trails)

Thanks so much for the help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

Comments (2)