Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katie_ann_gw

Pesticides or no pesticides???

Katie-Ann
9 years ago

Hello

I planted a knockout rose bush last year in my flower bed. The first year it flourished with constant watering and rose food. This year it started out the same but now I'm starting to notice holes and white spots on the leaves. The areas where there is new growth are completely untouched and the holes seem to be centralized where the blooms are older. There are still new buds popping up daily. I'm wondering if this a natural progression or if I have a pest problem? I noticed today that my aloe plant is also starting to show some holes and bite-like patterns in the leaves. All my other plants are untouched so far. I have included a picture of my rose bush in case I'm not explaining correctly. I am fairly new to gardening and I want to make sure I don't do anything rash. I would like pesticides to be a last resort due to safety concerns to my animals and all the other animals in my neighborhood. If I need to use a pesticide, is there an organic solution that would be safer for my animals? I live in KY which I believe is zone 6. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments (2)