Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nubbins_gw

Seedlings uprooted? Still intact, just pulled out of the ground!

Nubbins
10 years ago

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that I have undertaken wayyyyyy too much in deciding to plant anything, anything at all. This is my first "real" garden, and one thing after the other keeps happening, and as I combat each problem, another one pops up, or is already in the works. Mildew and bugs, the dogs and the chickens, Moles, rabbits--now this! And I was worried about the deer--who haven't even discovered my little treasures yet. I want to cry! How do all you gardeners do this every year!?

Today, I have found my seedlings pulled clean out of the dirt, some still intact, some with just the leaves missing. There is no evidence of digging, no tracks of any kind, just neat, tidy little holes where the still single root used to be, and the intact seedlings tossed this way and that. Any ideas what it could be, or how to stop it? These were supposed to be my wedding flowers, so I am devastated, as it is too late at this point to hope any seeds I plant now will bloom in time--I was already pushing it. I am hoping that the ones I salvaged and replanted won't be in too much shock and will keep growing... sigh...

I have other questions, but i think I will post them separately, with pictures. So as not to over do it in one post...? Thank you for any suggestions!

Comments (8)