Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wilted leaves

Posted by Galvin900 Oklahoma (My Page) on
Tue, May 17, 11 at 22:07

Had an aphid issue so I tried a homemade recipie of teaspoon of cayenne pepper and garlic cloves mixed with H20. The next day they were still there so I used a store bought spray of organic EcoSmart, it has stuff like Rosemary oil, peppermint oil thyme oil etc...

Within a couple of hours the leaves were wilting. Must have burnt them with too much spray. Is there any hope?

Is there any suggestions?
See pic, there are about 30 of these plants, some are better some worse.

Image link: Wilted leaves (40 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wilted leaves

Sprayed mid-day, perhaps?

Dan

o

yes, the directions warned about that. However, I thought if I turned the lights off they would not suffer.

o

The mid-day issue doesn't matter since these are apparently inside. What kind of plants are they?

Am curious, what kind of medium is that?

o

Ghost peppers, and Habaneros

o
RE: Wilted leave

started the seeds in hydroponic rapid rooters. moved to pots with soil then had issue with gnats and covered the soil with sand.

o

If the soil a plant is growing in is too wet the plants leaves will also wilt, just as they will wilt with too little water. A too wet soil keeps plants from uptaking moisture just as the plants cannot uptake moisture if it is mot there.

o

My thought is the mixture was too strong for the young, non-hardened off lvs, rather than my original 'cooked in the sun'. But it is just a thought as the resolution of the foto is inadequate for a decent diagnosis.

Dan

o

How long have they been in the pots? It could be the spray but could also be the difference in roots. Plant roots started in water have to go through a metamorphosis to become adequate for soil. Maybe a combination of both?
If you're having issues with gnats then your soil is too wet but a peppers first reaction to being too wet would be yellowing of the leaves, not wilting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here