Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something Marauding about Garden at Night

Posted by David_Shaw UK (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 8:01

Back in March April, something was marauding around my garden at night. It was digging holes and chewing things like plastic pots around the veg patch. I got a deterrent, flashing eyes and it seemed to stop. I noticed at the weekend a hole in a compost heap at the far edge of my garden. We used to have a lot of foxes but they seemed to disappear a few years ago. Certainly we have seen rats and grey squirrels, although the former we poisoned and the latter don't seem so prolific this year. One sighting some years ago of a badger in the middle of the night scouring the patio but nothing since. It's about 12 inches wide and 7 high, about 45 metres from the house, have pictures. Have a small copse at the bottom of the garden. Looks too small for badger and too large for rats, probably fox, ideas welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something Marauding about Garden at Night

we need a pic ...

one trick.. is to rake the soil the evening before.. and look for paw prints the next morning ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here