Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
papageek_gw

Curled leaves and wilt on tomato plants.

PapaGeek
9 years ago

Hello everybody,

My tomato plants aren't looking good, I am noticing that the leaves are curling up and feel tough (leathery?). The worst one is wilting, especially the bottom leaves. There also seems to be some discoloration of the bottom leaves, brown and yellow on the tip of some leaves.

Some information that might be relevant: Sorry if it's too long.

No fertilizers have been used, I think the soil is plenty rich but I didn't test it. No pesticides or insecticides have been sprayed, not even homemade garlic spray or dish soap solution.

Weather has been mostly warm but we did get some hot days in the low 90's and temps dipped to low 40's a couple nights. Here's a link to the weather history for the last month http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KCPK/2014/5/4/CustomHistory.html?dayend=4&monthend=6&yearend=2014&req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Seeds were started indoors in Feb. Added some not fully decomposed horse manure, about 1" around the 3rd week of March, I alsoadded about the same amount of peat moss to my soil (Mel's mix type). Plants were moved to the garden on May 12.
I added wood chips (pine) between the beds and brought in some bamboo poles for plant support. I am mentioning this just in case these items have a potential of introducing some diseases.

I am attaching some pictures and a link to a youtube video. Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you in advance for your help.

Here is a link that might be useful: This is the video that shows what these tomato plants look like.

Comments (3)