Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ants on the scorpion

Posted by chilliwin 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 11:42

Since last few days, many Ants are swarming in this particular Scorpion Moruga Blend Yellow. I think no negative because they help pollination, the plants haven't lost any flowers, and getting a lot of pods but they are a bit strange. I do check for other harmful insects but now sign of them.

Ants on Scorpion Moruga Blend Yellow photo IMG_2407_zpsb577bb1a.jpg

I have other Scorpion MB Yellow plants, they do not have much ants like this one.

What I did recently was I planted some garlic in this container as a companion plant now they are about 2/3 inches.

I am very curious about this ants' behavior so if you have any idea then please let me know something about it.

Thanks in advance.

Caelian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ants on the scorpion

generally speaking.. ants dont bother green plants ... and walking around on them is not bothering them ....

ants so usually indicate that there are aphids.. of which they farm and harvest honeydew ... its really disgusting if you think about it in depth ...

unless you can find any actual damage.. i would not bother treating for ants ...

is this plant indoors???

i would take it out back.. and aggressively spray them off with the hose.. and check back in a few days ... if in fact there are aphids.. water is the best treatment anyway ....

ken

o

Ken, thank you for your time and opinion. It is very nice to get an opinion from a senior forum member.

The plants is both indoor (night) and outdoor (day time). Last week I did spray Epsom salt too. I have not seen any aphids for this season.

Just I checked the plant again and I got further more information. The ants are swarming in the same spot, they do not go any where except this particular spot. Before I did not think about it, sorry for the partial information. Now it is night time the plant is indoor, still the ants are in the same spot.

T.Scorpion MB Ants Swarming 02 photo IMG_2413_zps4a10c626.jpg

So in this particular spot there would be some ants attracted foreign object stain, I will wash the spot and see the result.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Caelian

o

We got rain today so there must be possible to wash out the stain or whatever it attracts to the ants! Very strange. I do misting every morning too.

Caelian

o

Still now they do not leave this spot here is a very short video.

I am very curious and thinking are they sucking something from the spots or this particular spot produce something else!

Caelian

Here is a link that might be useful: Ants on the scorpion

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here