Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow leaves, brown spots on basil

Posted by joannaqcw NY 4/5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 14:35

I transplanted these basil seedlings out 2 weeks ago in warm dry weather; they looked fairly healthy then. We've had cool (lows to 45) damp weather since; the older leaves have yellowed, there are brown blotches on some leaves and small brown spots on others. Any ideas about what this is or what I can do about it?

Image link: yellow leaves, brown spots on basil (30 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow leaves, brown spots on basil

From lo-quality foto looks like too much moisture from here.

Dan

o

..and I'm sure that cool weather did them no good as well. Basil can be touchy as transplants in those first couple of weeks. We've had similar weather here and some of my transplants are gloping a bit.

tj

o

I just had to get rid of 7 basil plants and their soil due to Downey Mildew. The leaves starting turning a blotchy yellow with brown undersides with tiny spores. It's a relatively new development in the East since 2008. Check the underside of the leaves if they are normal, it could just be that they're getting too much rainy, cool weather.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here