Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would this be considered rust??

Posted by MKBanister WV (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 14:41

I searched the forum for rust but did not see anything that looks like my problem. I have two different plants with the same problem. I had it last year and now it is back again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pictures of the two plants are attached.

Image link: Would this be considered rust?? (60 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would this be considered rust??

Nope.

Looks more like environmental effects.

o

Hi Jean ty for the response. I live on top of a mountain and I don't live near any coal mines. The soil they are in is clay. Could it be the mulch?? These particular plants are near wild daisy plants I got from the fields. I dont water them often but we have had alot of rain this year. I have more of these plants that are not near daisy's and they look fine.

After I see this stain the leaf turns yellow and dies.

o

"Environmental" includes air, water, temperature and light exposure.

So the next step is up to you to do your homework: Think back to determine what went wrong within the past month or so.

o

Okie..I mentioned the air (mountains), said it rained a lot and they are in clay.

The ones I missed are: The temps in the 70's and 80's... they get about 6 hours of sun.

I have 6 of them all in the same growing conditions as mentioned above. Two of them have this problem the rest are fine.

I had this issue with them last year too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here