Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
withering leaves on vinca minor

Posted by sleonardtx 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 14:49

Each spring, my vinca grows vigourously for about a month and then begins to die back. The symptoms begin by a withering of individual leaves, followed by the stem and finally the entire plant. The adjacent plant may or may not be affected. I lose up to 50% of my foliage each year.
Does anyone know a cause or a treatment for this?

Image link: withering leaves on vinca minor (11 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: withering leaves on vinca minor

• Posted by hortster 6A, southcentral KS (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 17:17

Very hard to tell from the picture, but looks like it MIGHT be root/stem rot of vinca. Google the subject and go to "images" for comparison. A good article is attached. I have seen a lot of this malady around my area in the last couple of very wet years, especially in clay soils.
hortster

Here is a link that might be useful: link to article

o
RE: withering leaves on vinca minor

I've seen several diseases on Vinca minor. Some are very similar in their symptoms. I'd recommend taking a sample by your local Extension office for proper diagnosis.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here