Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help id leaf disease

Posted by morbidan 7a (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 15:23

My sunflowers and my tomatoes are suffering from some kind of ailment. No one has been able to help me on the tomato disease forum so I'm hoping I could get an answer here.
My tomato: leaves are curling, have been drying up, turning yellow and eventually brown and crinkled. It seems to be moving from the bottom up and all four of my plants are suffering. Everyday keeps getting worse. They're in pots filled with potting soil and are watered when top of soil is dry. I fertilized with organic tomato fertilizer every 2-3 weeks.
My sunflowers: have tiny brown specks all over them and the tips turn from yellow to brown and eventually wilt and dye. I've lost at least 3 lower sets of leaves to this and I'm seeing the same symptoms on all the leaves. They haven't even bloomed yet and I'm hoping to save them.

This past week I used a light dish soap and water mixture thinking it was aphids or mites. But it seems to have made the symptoms progress even faster.

Pictures are attached below and your help is greatly appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: thanks for helping

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help id leaf disease

In pots or ground?

If pots, what size?

Beyond that, looks like they're short of water, also short of nitrogen.

o
RE: help id leaf disease

Two tomatoes are in 5 gallon pots and the other 2 are in a raised bed. All four have the same conditions of curled yellow and brown leaves. They are fertilized regularly and the soil is moist. Any idea what's damaging them or the sunflowers?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here