Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flowers getting attacked

Posted by necsanct (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 16:03

So im noticing a bunch of little holes in the leaves of the plants. Im not sure what bug or bugs would be doing this but i was hoping to get some tips to stop this. Im not to the use of sprays but if there is a better way i'd love to know about it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flowers getting attacked

Sorry, but it will be impossible to help you unless you can try to spot the culprit and describe it to us. Lots and lots of things can cause 'little holes in the leaves', including some diseases.

It might help if we knew what kind of plants we are talking about, too.

o

The chinese latern is the one taking the most damage its really the only noticeable one out of the rest.

o

Do they show up in the mornings?

By the end of each day? Where do you live? Has it been wet a lot? Can you take photos and post them?

Mike

o

It seems to be worse by the next morning so i am assuming its going on during the night since i check on it through out the afternoon. The plant in my belief is in no danger of dieing yet but i dont want it to get to that point.

It seems to get worse little by little each day. I live in hamilton oh, near cincinnati. It has rained everyday since last saturday, today is the first day with no rain. I'll get some photos.

o

Could be slug or snails....

They have been munching holes and most my plants at night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here