Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenraider72

Ingredients for pepper spray, minus the pepper

jenraider72
11 years ago

This will probably sound stupid, but here goes...So after trying Havaheart spray, I thought I'd make my own repellent spray for rabbit/chipmunk/whatever else is eating stuff(caught skunk on surveillance camera at 4 am yesterday). Mostly Hostas and lilies are the main victims. So, according to recipe online, I mixed Ivory dish soap, cayenne pepper and hot sauce together with water in a spray bottle to apply to plants. One problem- the pepper I am guessing- clogs the nozzle and renders the spray action useless. I tried 2 other bottles to no avail. Can I just omit the cayenne and get an effective spray with just the other items, or is there something I am missing as far as getting the original formula to flow through the bottles. I actually just received a bottle of Shake Away today. I'll apply that as well, but these plants need all the protection I can give them.I don't want to harm the lilies or the critters who I know are just "doing what they do".

I have new lilies just starting to come up, and I fear they will meet the same fate as the 23 other lilies if I don't find a solution quickly. Thanks for your advice.

Comments (2)