Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Request information

Posted by chilliwin 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 17:19

These insects are unknown to me please provide me some information, such as names and harmful or beneficial.

1:
Insect 018 photo IMG_2343s_zpse015ef26.jpg
2:
Insect June 18, 2013 C photo IMG_2396S_zpsc2371215.jpg
Insect June 18, 2013 D photo IMG_2394S_zpsc1540f16.jpg

Thanks in advance

Caelian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Request information

Are they on plants?
If so, what were they doing? If just resting, not a problem.
If not, where were they?

1st one may be a robber fly. If so,a predator rather than a problem.
2nd is a beetle but uncertain which one

o
RE: Request information

Jean, thank you for the response.

The first one is found on the soil near the rose bush it was crawling. First I thought it cannot fly, I kept it one day to my small transparent insect collection box for identification.

The second one is found last nigh in one of the chili plants' new shoots (not under the leave), it was not much mobile it looked like resting there. It is very tricky when I touched it stopped moving and pretending to be death. Still I have it to take more clearer pictures and identification. Still it remain upside down in the box.

I have not yet seen any harmful has been done by any insects and pests in my container garden so far.

Caelian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here