Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small flea-type bugs in Soil

Posted by bushypenny NY (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 23, 11 at 17:33

I cannot stand since June 2nd I've had an outbreak of tiny flea-type spot bugs in the soil of my flower box...and Mourning doves just gave birth and left. The infestation happened around my garbage can lid, which is 1 foot from my window..(indoors) . I see these tiny spot crawling 'fleas or mites up my walls...even found them in my sheets. I had to get rid of the plant (Perennial) bought four weeks ago. The soil is infested with these tiny -seed-like beige pest bugs. I have to get rid of the soil and everything; a total nightmare. They went running into the soil as I lifted the plant out of the box---- what are they!?? thanks in advance, Larry NYC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small flea-type bugs in Soil

Any chance of pictures? Even if they're tiny, sometimes a focused image will help.

One way you could remedy situation is if the window box is removable.

o

Well,, I don''t want to just remove the window box; I dug out all the soil..all the small plants; and emptied the box..sprayed a strong/mite insecticide in the whole box and poured BOILING "Water all through it...I will start again next week, new soil...another kind of plant. and no..do not have pictures of the critters, too tiny..just they scatter when provoked or disturbed.they're like tiny beige teensie ; lice or somthing. thanks, Larry

o

What, no nuclear sterilization?!

tj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here